Where possible, the PE curriculum will cross over with the topics being taught in the class room, using topical vocabulary, historical references helping to cement knowledge and understanding.
We seek through games to:
- Inspire children to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities
- Enable children to become physically confident in a way in which supports their health and fitness
- Build character and help embed values such as fairness, respect and determination
Aims of PE curriculum:
- To develop skills in a broad range of physical activities
- To be physically active for a sustained period of time
- To engage in intra and inter school competition
- To encourage all children to lead healthy, active lives
Additional to the PE curriculum there are also opportunities to become involved with after school sports clubs such as Netball, Football, Taekwondo, Street Dance and Athletics. These clubs are run by Haseltine staff and qualified coaches from local clubs. The clubs are focused on improving basic skill levels, having FUN and increasing participation in sport and physical activities.
View Haseltine’s Games, Physical Education, Dance and Swimming Curriculum below.