The School DayFrom when we start to when we finish
Reception to Year 6
The gates open at 8.45am and the first bell rings in the playground at 8.50am and KS1 children go into class by themselves, followed by KS2 at 8.53am ready for an 8.55am start. Reception parents take children round to their classes at the back and go into class at 8.55am.
Children are brought back out to the playground to be collected by parents at 3.15pm. Reception children are collected from their classes at 3.15pm
If you are unable to collect your child and you are sending someone who is unknown to us could you please call the office and provide them with a name and a description of the person collecting your child that day. We will not let them go unless we have heard from you.
If you arrive after 3.25pm, you will be considered as ‘late’ and your child will have been taken to our After School Club, where a late fee will incur. Unless you have pre-booked ASC, it is essential that you arrive between 3.15 and 3.25pm.
8.55am – 11.55am Morning session
12.20pm – 3.20pm Afternoon session
11.40am – 12.45pm lunch break
Reception classes have their own outdoor learning area, which is also used for break times for our younger children.
Years 1 and 2 (KS1)
10.15am morning break
12pm – 1pm lunch break
Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 (KS2)
10.40am morning break for Yrs3 & 5
11am morning break for Yrs4 & 6
12.25pm – 1.25pm lunch break
Haseltine School Attendance
At Haseltine School we believe in offering the best life chances to all children. Good attendance is vital to good academic progress and achievement. As a school we are doing our best to improve both individual and whole school attendance.
- We expect all pupils to achieve at least 95% attendance over the academic year, this means no more than 10 days absence, or 3 days per term. This is in line with government expectations.
- We follow strict guidelines and work closely with our designated Attendance Welfare Officer (AWO).
- We expect all parents to contact the school on the first day of absence.
- Where attendance falls below 90% you will be required to attend a panel meeting.
- If attendance falls below 85%, or earlier procedures have failed then a referral will be made to the AWO.
- Any pupil who is absent without explanation for 10 consecutive days will automatically be referred to the AWO.
- The school has a ‘league table’ for attendance for classes in Haseltine. The top 5 classes are regularly revealed to everyone in the school.
- Please remember that your child’s attendance is your responsibility and is a legal requirement.