Primary School AdmissionsHow to apply for Haseltine
Haseltine has 60 places available in Reception each year. If you wish your child to join Haseltine applications for primary school places are now made online via the London Grid for Learning’s website at www.eAdmissions.org.uk
Lewisham Council – School Admissions Information
Places will be offered in the following priority
- Children in Public Care – a looked-after child.
- A child or their family member who may have a medical or social needs.
- A sibling who currently attends Haseltine.
- Children living closest to the school.
New entrants to the Nursery are usually admitted in the September (Autumn Term) following their third birthday. However, when spaces become available throughout the year we will refer to the waiting list and priority of place will be given in the following order:
- Children in Public Care
- Children/families with social and special educational needs
- The child’s birth date (older children will get priority)
- Children with a sibling on roll at the main school
- Children who live closest to the nursery
You can pick up an application form for the nursery from the school office. Please complete the application fully stating whether you require an AM or PM place or 30 hrs if you are entitled to a 30hr place, and return your completed form to the Office. Your child will be placed on our waiting list until a place becomes available. Before a child can begin attending the nursery, we will ask for evidence of child’s date of birth and home address.
If the school is oversubscribed entirely with siblings, priority will be given to:
– Those with exceptional social or medical need.
– Child’s birth date (older children will get priority)
– Those living nearest.
Please note, a place in the nursery does not guarantee your child a place in Reception.
(We do not take into consideration the length of time your child is on the waiting list when offering places in nursery, the criteria above is used to offer places)